Robert L. Chapman
Robert focuses his legal practice on commercial litigation and acting as general counsel for small to large businesses. In addition to his extensive experience managing complex business cases from inception to completion, his practice includes counseling businesses in ways to avoid disputes from the inception of the company through complicated, ongoing challenges that occur for many established companies. His experience in complex business litigation includes business fraud, breach of contract, negligent and fraudulent misrepresentations, tortious interference, injunctive relief, non-compete agreements, commercial real estate and other business disputes.
Robert grew up in Dunedin, Florida, eventually receiving his bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Florida and his law degree from Stetson University College of Law. In law school, he was a member of both the number one nationally ranked Moot Court Team and the International VIS Moot team, receiving numerous honors for both brief writing and oral advocacy. Robert received the prestigious Raphael Steinhardt award for Professionalism upon graduation and the book award in Real Property.
After law school, Robert worked for several prestigious Tampa Bay law firms, handling commercial litigation matters from inception to completion, authoring dozens of appellate briefs, arguing in front of juries, judges, arbitrators and appellate judges gaining vast experience over his first 15 years of practice. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyer since 2016 and was voted the top commercial litigator by Tampa Magazine in 2020.
Immediately prior to joining Brick Business Law, Robert most worked as general counsel for a vertically integrated development and construction company, both managing outside counsel in litigation matters as well as serving as the primary negotiator and drafter of complex partnership agreements, real estate transactions, and large commercial loans.
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member: 2015-2020, Member
- St. Petersburg Bar Association, Member: 2009-2014, 2021-2022, Member
- Pinellas County Trial Lawyers Association, President: 2012, Member: 2009-2014
- Barney Masterson Inn of Court, Member: 2009-2014
- American Bar Association, Member
- Real Property and Probate Section of Florida Bar, Member Since: 2009
- Business Litigation
- Business Transactions
- Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Appellate Law
- Florida, 2009
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- SuperLawyers Magazine, Rising Star – 2016 – 2022
- Tampa Magazine – Top Lawyers, Commercial Litigation and Transactions/UCC Law
- Recipient of Florida Supreme Court Pro Bono Award
- Raphael Steinhardt Award for Professional and Excellence in Advocacy
- Stetson University College of Law, Deland, Florida
- J.D. - 2008
- Honors: Moot Court Board Member
- Honors: International Vis Moot Member
- Honors: Book Award: Real Property II
- Honors: Teaching Assistant, Prof. Joseph Morissey
- Honors: Research Assistant, the Honorable Michael Allen
- University of Florida
- B. A. Business & Legal Philosophy
- Major: Business Administration
- Minor: Jurisprudential Philosophy