Are you planning on expanding your business in 2023? As you prepare for the new year, you will be faced with many legal decisions. If you make wrong choices now, the repercussions could affect your business (and your bottom line) far into the future.
To get your business and your year started right, partner with an experienced legal advisor who can provide guidance at every step of the way.
Can’t I do it myself?
As a business owner, there are certain steps you can take yourself, like updating your website to make it more attractive and setting your pricing.
There are other things you might consider doing yourself, such as renewing licenses and permits, hiring and firing employees or handling tax filings. However, even apparently simple tasks could have serious legal implications if you do not get them right.
- Failing to understand the full range of permits and licenses you need could lead to fines or business closure.
- An inadequate hiring or firing process could see you accused of discrimination or wrongful dismissal by an employee.
- Signing a contract that binds you to obligations you never intended can cause a world of woes.
- Breaching environmental guidelines that you were unaware of could result in the authorities suing you or revoking your operational license.
- Negotiating with vendors, large customers and others as well as drafting buy/sell agreements are best done with legal help.
Mistakes made because you lack the necessary legal knowledge could prove incredibly costly. Yet, when you are busy running a business, you don’t have time to read up on the multiple laws you must adhere to. That is why it is best to partner with a business lawyer who will help you make well-informed decisions that keep you on the right track.
As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. To get yourself started on the right foot in the new year, contact us for a consultation.